Monday, April 23, 2012

MWF: Seeks sanity and peace...

For those of you who don't know me and haven't bothered to read my bio, I am a married mommy of four children - two natural born and two that I've known since 2002 that came to live with me in 2008.   I have a full time high pressure job as a purchasing agent for a large food manufacturer.  My four children range in age from 11 to 17.  They all have outside sports activities (for school and more) that keep me in my car after work until around 8.  On the weekends after attending Little League games/Track Meets/Cheer Leading competitions, I also help out at my daughters' cheer leading gym every week to help off set the cost of tuition.  On top of all this, I also grocery shop, do 80% of the cooking, 40% of the cleaning, manage everyone's schedule and even pay the bills when I have the money.  I update this blog on occasion too.

I'd like to say that this makes me super woman.  I would like to say that this is something special, but the honest to God truth is that there are millions of women out there just like me, who do the same thing day in and day out - hell, they might even do more than me!  (Not that it happens often, but it could.)

"Oh now, just wait a minute," all you guys say at this point.  "Don't I treat you good?  Don't I work hard and still take out the garbage?  I even pick up my socks!"

Look, I'm not downing you guys in this blog.  Yes, you do a fabulous job taking out the garbage/drinking a beer/mowing the lawn/drinking a beer/starting the BBQ/drinking a beer/fixing the pipe that's been leaking for years... and on and on.  Good job.  I am, (as I'm sure all of your significant others are) very, very proud of you!

(Pat on the head here.)

All I'm trying to say is that we, as women, do just as much if not more and rarely get the credit we should.  I mean, there should be a hall of fame just for us!  Real true to life super heroes cast in wax with giant plaques below stating how after the mortgage crash of 2008 we not only kept our jobs (and our migraines) but managed to use coupons and the internet to save us $400 per month in groceries, all the while finding time to keep our appearance up for our husband/boyfriend/significant other.  Now that's true heroism in my book.

With that, I will step down off of my soap box.  My youngest just came down the stairs and can't sleep (it is storming outside) and I need to make sure his fears are quelled.

Just another day in my crazy, insane life.

4 comments:

  1. I think we are living parallel lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are super woman don't ever let anyone tell you different. Whether its managing such a hectic schedule or just sleeping in a laundry room in an apartment complex you rock. So take some time for yourself. Borrow a friends tee shirt and go swimming in a hotel pool after the pool is closed. It's those kind of memories and experiences that will keep a smile on such a hard working and Hard rocking lady.

    ReplyDelete